[Qtwebengine] Trouble getting webengine to build as a part of Qt 5.4 Alpha

Bruning Michael Michael.Bruning at digia.com
Fri Sep 12 18:55:03 CEST 2014

On Friday, September 12 2014 00:27, Bryan Chan wrote:

Hi Bryan,

> Sorry, hit reply instead of reply all (adding back the mailing list)
>
> Yes, that was a cut an paste error, the configure was here at the root of the 5.4 alpha package.
>
> C:\Qt\5.4-alpha>configure -opensource -mp -nomake examples -nomake tests -debug-
and-release -c++11 -no-warnings-are-errors -platform win32-msvc2013

-debug-and-release is broken with the plain alpha sources. You can find a list of known issues with some changes that work around them here: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt540-KnownIssues . I haven't been able to reproduce the error you have seen even with the sources from the Qt5.4 alpha zip file. Could it be that some environment variable is still set to use the MSVC 2012 makespec or so?

> Then I ran nmake after.
>
> I have MSVC213 professional.
>
> I'll poke around a bit more  then file a bug report if I can't get it building.
>
> Thanks again for the help.

Best regards,
Michael