[Qtwebengine] Windows Sandbox Support

Jarred Nicholls jarred at webkit.org
Tue Sep 30 03:24:44 CEST 2014

Hi Everyone,

I noticed that the --no-sandbox flag is flipped on, as evident in
WebEngineContext[1].  Is there a technical reason that sandboxing is turned
off?

I ask because I noticed that wow_helper.exe is not deployed with the rest
of the WebEngine dependencies.  wow_helper.exe is used to support
sandboxing on Windows XP and Windows Vista.  I wondered if - in particular
- Vista had been tested yet and figured it would never run without
wow_helper.exe, and that led me to discovering that sandboxing is disabled
altogether.

Thanks in advance,
Jarred

[1]: