[Qtwebengine] 回复: How do I run web engine on a sever without a display?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Dec 8 07:03:59 CET 2015

* Nemo <377307289 at qq.com> [2015-12-08 13:58:37 +0800]:
> Do not call show() member function of widgets, the application will become a console application.

Have you actually tried?

It's not that easy. As soon as you want to create a QApplication, you
need a DISPLAY. And creating a widget without a QApplication won't
work.

> I know we can run WebKit completely headless because I can use the
> same linux server with no active display to run phantomjs just fine,
> and it doesn't produce any display errors.

AFAIK, PhantomJS patches QtWebKit for that.

> So I was wondering, is there a way I can run qt web engine
> completely headless as well?

Chances are doing the same patching will be harder with QtWebEngine,
as you also need to make Chromium work without an X server, which
might be difficult.

Florian