[Qtwebengine] How do I run web engine on a sever without a display?

Kevin Truong knt261 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:10:49 CET 2015

On second thought, what does -platform offscreen do exactly? Is it QT's
implementation of an xvfb-like feature? I am wondering if it is worth my
time to try and pursue debugging -platform offscreen to get it to work on
qt web engine (since it crashes for me too). If -platform offscreen runs qt
web engine without crashing, would it theoretically allow chromium to
render too? Or do I eventually still need to run xvfb to let chromium
render the web page?