[Qtwebengine] Build QtWebEngine on RaspBerry Pi

Jocelyn Turcotte jocelyn.turcotte at digia.com
Mon Jan 5 19:35:55 CET 2015

Hello,

QtWebEngine is only supported (as in "we'll provide fixes or workarounds for
customers on supported devices") with Qt for Device Creation but you can
also use it through the LGPLv3 licence that comes with the open source
version, as long as the licence fit your needs.

That said, QtWebEngine is quite heavy and you might get variable milleage
on a limited device like the RPi. The QtWebKit 3.0 QML module might get
you further in this situation, sadly with compromises.

Cheers,
Jocelyn