[Qtwebengine] KeyPressEvent not implemented?

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 21:55:00 CET 2015

I converted a simple browser app to use QWebEngineView from QWebView. In
the original QWebView widget I had an overriding keyPressEvent() handler
which worked.

Now that my widget is derived from QWebEngineView, the keyPressEvent
handler is never entered. I have set self.focusPolicy(Qt::StrongFocus) and
I can click in the web view, and when keys are pressed, no events are
passed to the handler.

Is this a known restriction of the new QWebEngineView? Certainly
QWidget::keyPressEvent() does appear in the list of all members in the doc.

Thanks,
Dave Cortesi