[Qtwebengine] Proof of concept - changing the order of http request headers

Allan Sandfeld Jensen allan.jensen at theqtcompany.com
Tue May 12 18:02:20 CEST 2015

On Monday 11 May 2015, CJ Ess wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I originally sent this to the downstream PhantomJS project, but they
> thought it was more of a QT issue so I should send it here. I would like to
> change the order of the HTTP request headers - technically the order
> doesn't matter, however because the order which PhantomJS sends them (which
> is the way that QTWeb sends them) is fairly unique, it's one of the things
> that Web Application Firewalls (layer 7 firewalls) key off of to keep out
> screen scrapers.
>
> The attached diff demonstrates that the order of the headers can be
> controlled reliably at the point they are serialized to the outgoing
> buffer. The next step would be to make the order configurable and expose
> that in the API someplace however I think thats beyond what I can
> contribute. I'm hoping someone else can run with it from here.

This is a qtnetwork change. I would suggest open a suggestion bug-report on
it,  and if you want to discuss it on a mailing list, it probably belongs on
development at qt-project.org.

`Allan

--

The Qt Company
Rudower Chausse 13, 12489 D-Berlin

The Qt Company is a group company of Digia Plc,
Valimotie 21, FI-00380 Helsinki Finland