[Qtwebengine] QWebEnginePage -- when is loadFinished() called?

Kevin Truong knt261 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 03:50:57 CET 2015

I'm creating a headless render engine, which serializes whenever
loadFinished() is signaled. Because of this, I'd like to understand the
details of loadFinished().

There are many definitions of being "finished" when rendering a page,
including:
1. DOM has been downloaded
2. DOM has been downloaded, resources specified in the original DOM (as
opposed to other scripts or iframes) have been rendered into the page (as
used in phantomjs
http://phantomjs.org/api/webpage/handler/on-load-finished.html)
3. The global javascript variable "window" fires the "load" event (see
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Code_snippets/On_page_load)

For QWebEnginePage, is it correct to assume loadFinished() is signaled the
same as #2? If not, can anyone share their insights as to what conditions
must be filled for loadFinished() to signal?

Many thanks!

Best,
Kevin