[Qtwebengine] Pepper plugins (flash/widevine) on Linux

Dmitry B linuxsquirrel.dev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:47:18 CEST 2015

Hi. Well, actually an issue with flash was my fault. It is working more or
less. I am able to open flash-based websites. But with WideVine I still
cannot see DR content. For example:

export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Qt-custom/lib:/usr/lib/chromium-browser/libs:/usr/lib/chromium-browser:/opt
./demobrowser --ppapi-out-of-process
--register-pepper-plugins="/opt/libwidevinecdmadapter.so;application/x-ppapi-widevine-cdm"
http://ssdemo04.swankmp.net/

The HTML page says "Unfortunately, your browser is not supported."

/opt/libwidevinecdmadapter.so is copied from Ubuntu version of Chromium
(45.0.2454.101-0ubuntu0.14.04.1.1099). Since Chromium's
libwidevinecdmadapter.so depends on libbase.so, I added Chromum's library
path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH

BTW strace shows that it at least opens
libwidevinecdmadapter.so/libwidevinecdm.so without errors.

The second test tries libwidevinecdmadapter.so/libwidevinecdm.so from
Google Chrome. I've replaced those libraries in /opt and run again:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Qt-custom/lib:/opt
./demobrowser --ppapi-out-of-process
--register-pepper-plugins="/opt/libwidevinecdmadapter.so;application/x-ppapi-widevine-cdm"
http://ssdemo04.swankmp.net/

Still says "Unfortunately, your browser is not supported.". With Google
Chrome and Ubuntu Chromium that page works OK.

Maybe I am missing something?