[Qtwebengine] where is QtWebengine looking for ICU resources?

Tassilo Glander tgl at ivu.de
Wed Aug 17 14:06:55 CEST 2016

To answer my question: It seems to use a hardcoded list of locations and finally looks in the prefix directory set in the qt.conf file that lies next to the executable, if present, e.g.
[Paths]
Prefix=C:/dev/someProject/external/qt

Apparently the QTDIR environment variable is not part of this list, which I thought was a way of specifying the location. Would it be sensible to add it to the search list? Is there a third option (apart from adding the qt.conf file or the resources directory )?

Best,
Tassilo