[Qtwebengine] Memory shared between main application and qtwebengineprocess.exe

Bryan Chan bryan.chan at pacbell.net
Mon Aug 22 19:18:13 CEST 2016

Hi,
I'm running the snippet of code below.  I'm on a 4k monitor with dpi set to 200%. As I resize the window back and forth and then hit maximize, I notice my free memory dropping by hundreds of MB at a time. If I keep doing this non-stop I eventually will run out of free memory on the main process. Sometimes the qtwebengineprocess will crash and I will get all the free memory back. Now if I do a resize then let the application sit, some but not all of the free memory comes back. This also happens on a 1920x1080 screen with no scaling, but just at a much slower rate.
Has anyone seen this behavior or know where I can look in the qt code to investigate this further?
#include <QApplication>#include <QWebEngineView>
int main(int argc, char *argv[]){    QApplication app(argc, argv);
    QWebEngineView view;    view.setUrl(QUrl(QStringLiteral("http://www.qt.io")));    view.resize(1024, 750);    view.show();
    return app.exec();}
ThanksBryan