[Qtwebengine] where is QtWebengine looking for ICU resources?

Tassilo Glander tgl at ivu.de
Fri Jul 8 15:57:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

I want to check in a prebuilt version of Qt into our repository so my colleagues can use it. The problem is, that on startup QtWebengine searches for ICU resource files in the application directory. As we probably have multiple applications, I would prefer to not always copy the resources and translations directories to each application directory.

Is there a way to give a specific path where to look for those directories (environment variable, hard coded)? How is it working when I install the official build, in this case the resources and translations are just parallel to the bin directory.

BTW, I did not configure QT regarding ICU, I assume the default is to build and use the ICU version that comes with Chromium.

Thanks,
Tassilo