[Qtwebengine] about qtbrowserplugin?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Oct 4 05:14:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

* tangk at lemote.com <tangk at lemote.com> [2016-10-03 22:26:51 +0800]:
> hi all,
>     Now I want to develop a Firefox plugin, and the MDN say about three method to do it.
> 1.firebreath
> 2.juce
> 3.qtbrowserplugin
>
> I want  to use qtbrowserplugin to do it, but I found that the source code is not updated from 6 or 7 years ago? do you know how can I found the url of the latest code ?
>
> thanks very much.

I'm guessing you're looking at this page?
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Plugins/External_resources_for_plugin_creation

Like the parent page mentions, (NPAPI) plugins are obsolete, and so is
qtbrowserplugin probably:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/Plugins

I'm pretty sure what you want to write is a Firefox *extension* (aka
add-on), which has nothing to do with the thing Firefox calls plugins,
or with Qt:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons

Florian