[Qtwebengine] IPv6 Address Family not supported by protocol

Benjamin Beisel benjamin.beisel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 13:40:34 CET 2017

Hi,

we're running QtWebengine 5.7 under Linux version 4.1.33-yocto-standard. Due to reasons we don't use IPv6 in our environment and it is disabled by kernel command line parameter ipv6.disable=1. Nevertheless in the logs we see that qtwebengine is trying to access IPv6 addresses and throws errors when we open an URL.

ERROR:socket_posix.cc(82)] CreatePlatformSocket() returned an error, errno=97: Address family not supported by protocol

Is there a way to disable IPv6 or to suppress these messages? The application is working fine, just the logs are messed up. Getting up to 6 errors with each URL called.

(All urls we're using have IPv4 entries in /etc/hosts)

Thanks​