[Qtwebengine] QWebengine on ARMv8

Mohammad Moradi mohammads_32 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 17:41:50 CET 2017

Hi AllanI guess the errors related to arch has been solved by adding arm_fpu=\"\" to the GYP_CONFIG. However I still don't know what is it doing.
For now, I have to fix this problem :(http://pastebin.com/6YF0Y0uf

    On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 6:13 PM, Allan Sandfeld Jensen <allan.jensen at qt.io> wrote:

 On Tuesday 31 January 2017, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Tuesday 31 January 2017, Mohammad Moradi via QtWebEngine wrote:
> > Hello everybody
> >
> >  I'm about to build qtwebengine 5.7.0 from sources for RPi3.But it seems
> >
> > the chromium doesn't support armv8!.Is there anyway to have qwebengine on
> > Pi3?I just want to run some java scripts(pdf viewer plugin). *I tried
> > cross compiling*
> > Thank you
>
> You could probably change gyp_run.pro and set arm_version=7 or fix Chromium
> in src/3rdparty/chromium/build/common.gypi (look for the line matching
> arm_version to either 6 or 7 but not 8.

Though it probably wouldn't be necessary to change this if you had set an mfpu
compiler flag to go with the march flag. Like -march=armv8-a -mfpu=neon-fp-
armv8 for some reason architecture flags on ARM doesn't imply otherwise
mandatory "fpu" features.

--

The Qt Company
Rudower Chausse 13, 12489 D-Berlin