[Qtwebengine] QWebChannel question

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 06:31:47 CET 2017

I'm working with an embedded QWebEngineView widget through which I'm
connecting by means of QWebChannel. The documentation for
QWebChannel::registerObject includes the following text "*Note: *A current
limitation is that objects must be registered before any client is
initialized.".

Does anyone happen to know if there are efforts to remove that limitation?
Is there significant difficulty in removing that limitation, or has there
simply been no demand for it, so no effort has been put into removing it?
Is it something that would be open and accessible to a newcomer to
contribute if there is a market for it?

--Greg