[Releasing] Qt 5.0 alpha released

simo.falt at nokia.com simo.falt at nokia.com
Wed Apr 4 12:21:17 CEST 2012

Moi,
I can't provide you an easy way but I can show you a way to get the alpha
out of git (see below). But yes, it is true that there isn't any tag in
git but I hope we will fix that in future releases. There was quite a lot
of last minute hassle while creating that, so it ended up to be this way.
But hey, it was first release from qt5 and now we see that all of our
processes are not quite there yet. This is the channel to start specifying
the releasing process for the next release.

But the git stuff:
>From qt5.git checkout 8e5b652334c76c9275d39b460fffad19a2150721
git submodule update
>From qtbase checkout master branch
>From qtwayland checkout 0.85 branch
>From qtwebkit qt-5.0.0-alpha-hotfix branch

The used sha1's from repo's above are inside release package in .sha1s
file .

Then on top of this cherry pick following patches from gerrit:
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21616
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21612
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21696
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21754
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21818
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21753
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21906
http://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,21873

The if you wan't to get exact copy of the zip and tar.gz file, take the
mksrc.sh script from qtrepotools/release_tools/ dir and use that to patch
the %QTVERSION% etc. Defines. The run it like this:

REPO_DIR=/home/user/git_clone/qt5
MKSRC=/home/user/git_clone/qtrepotools/release-tools/mksrc.sh
VERSION=5.0.0
IGNORES="\
-i qlalr \
-i qtconnectivity \
-i qtjsondb \
-i qtdocgallery \
-i qtfeedback \
-i qtphonon \
-i qtpim \
-i qtqa \
-i qttranslations \
-i qtactiveqt \
-i qtrepotools"
$MKSRC -u $REPO_DIR -v $VERSION $IGNORES

Simo