[Releasing] [Development] Making of the 4.8.2 release and getting the fixes in by 15th April

Salovaara Akseli Akseli.Salovaara at digia.com
Mon Apr 16 14:43:43 CEST 2012

Hi all,

We are now starting to make snapshot builds for Qt 4.8.2 based on currently approved contributions. Please let us know (by sending email to releasing at qt-project.org) if there are critical contributions pending which should be definitely included into Qt 4.8.2 content.

Br,
Akseli

Subject: Re: [Development] Making of the 4.8.2 release and getting the fixes in by 15th April

On quarta-feira, 4 de abril de 2012 11.56.25, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As discussed earlier, we would like to have 4.8.2 out in May for both the Qt
> Project LGPL release and Qt Commercial. There are already some nice fixes
> in the 4.8 branch and more are on their way in.
>
> All the items to go into 4.8.2 should preferably be in the 4.8 branch by
> 15th April. We will start taking snapshots from 4.8 branch after that and
> base 4.8.2 on a stabile one of those.
>
> I would like to point out that there are now quite a few contributions
> pending to be merged to 4.8 in Gerrit. It would be great if all maintainers
> who have not yet done so go though these for their modules and all
> contributors who have received comments try to fix the things needed to be
> accepted.

To get a list of pending contributions to Qt 4.8, here's the link:

http://codereview.qt-project.org/#q,project:qt/qt+status:open,n,z

There are several pagefuls of contributions pending review. So, maintainers,
do your duty :-)

Also, while reviewing Qt 4 contributions, remember to think about Qt 5. The
contribution must either have landed in Qt 5 already and thus contain "cherry-
picked from {SHA-1 from Qt 5}" or it must have a good explanation why it
doesn't apply to Qt 5. The best such explanation is "it's already fixed
differently there".