[Releasing] Platform and Compiler configurations for Qt 5.0 beta release

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Fri Apr 27 16:11:50 CEST 2012

I agree.
What I missed was that 12.04 is both the latest LTS and the bleeding edge (it was just released)

My opinion is that for 5.0 we should support 10.04 and 12.04
Because 12.04 is an LTS release I expect it is similar to 11.10 with all the updates applied. As Jason said, we should check behaviour in CI first.

And for 5.1 we can consider dropping 10.04 and testing the latest bleeding edge release.
However, some users will be using some other distro's stable release, so we need to be careful about when we stop testing against old versions.

--

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.