[Releasing] Platform and Compiler configurations for Qt 5.0 beta release

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Apr 30 17:45:14 CEST 2012

On segunda-feira, 30 de abril de 2012 10.11.31, Stephen Chu wrote:
> On 4/30/12 10:02 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > On segunda-feira, 30 de abril de 2012 09.59.58, Stephen Chu wrote:
> >> They are linked to gcc libstdc++. One interesting thing is there's no
> >> libc++ in 10.6. Code built with "Apple LLVM compiler 3.0" is linked
> >> against libstdc++.
> >
> > Because Clang can parse GCC's headers.
> >
> > How long that will be the case, especially for C++11, is another story.
>
> So which library will Qt 5 link to? I assume it will be libc++ since OS
> X 10.7 is the officially supported platform?

We don't make that choice -- not for Mac OS X, at least, not now.

Qt 5 will link to the library that the compiler and linker on the platform
makes Qt link to. Please consult your compiler and linker documentation for
more information.

We did make the choice for Solaris: we decided to add the -stlport option
because the Sun CC's default Standard Library is so old that it doesn't pass
the current definition of "STL" in Qt.