[Releasing] Duplication of packaging effort

jason.mcdonald at nokia.com jason.mcdonald at nokia.com
Wed Aug 15 06:19:44 CEST 2012

> However, I still maintain that we _need_ to make this system use the
> public CI system setup, and it's the only way we can get collaboration
> on HW platform support.
>
> As we intend to distribute CI to multiple interested parties, we need to
> do exactly the same for installer creation and packaging.

Agreed, but I doubt there'll be much progress on public CI until after the disruption of shipping the CI hardware out of Brisbane and recommissioning it elsewhere is completed, particularly as all but one of our CI experts will be unemployed in a couple of weeks time.

Further, for packaging in the public CI system to work successfully, we need the public system using the same scripts and build environments as Digia's internal system, and that still doesn't seem to be happening in some parts of the process (else the two sets of packages would be much closer to identical).

--
Jason