[Releasing] Failed to build mysql plugin

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 22 15:59:59 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 22 de agosto de 2012 15.01.42, Jørgen Lind wrote:
> Hi,
> I downloaded the package from today(22) and did a
> configure -prefix $SOMEDIR && make
>
> It fails building the mysql plugin.. I also pulled the latest
> sources from gerrit and got a similar problem. Has anyone else seen
> this. When I build without the sqlplugins (I removed them), then every thing
> works fine, and I can build external applications.
>
> Buildlog at:http://pastebin.com/DKFU1ZcE

This is not a packaging issue.

See https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-26850

Solution: rm /usr/lib*/libQt*so
or remove the development packages of Qt 4 in your distribution's package
manager

Reason: your mysql_config program is outputting -L/usr/lib or -L/usr/lib64 when
asked for the MySQL libs. That means the Qt 4 libs get found when you try to
link the plugin.

It's a bad idea to build a package of a given version while the development
files of a previous version are found in the default library search paths.