[Releasing] Testing: 08/29/2012 + na [fail]

Stephen Kelly stephen.kelly at kdab.com
Thu Aug 30 09:33:40 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 18:22:25 Sergio Ahumada Navea wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>
> On 08/29/2012 06:13 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> > Report Date:                                      08/29/2012
> > Reporters Name:                                   Stephen Kelly
> > Package/Build date:                               08/29/2012
> > Package name:
> > qt-linux-opensource-5.0.0-beta1-x86_64-ubuntu1204-offline.run
> > andqt-windows-opensource-5.0.0-beta1-x86-offline.exe Package type:
> >                              Installer (Offline) Mkspec used:
> >                          na
> >
> > Is correctly signed:                              No
>
> Can you create a bug report for this with the expected result ?

> > Displays appropriate gfx & strings & version no.: Yes
> > Offers the correct license(s):                    No
>
> So, should we be offered the GPL license as well ?

I see no reason not to.

> > Offers sane default install directory:            No
>
> What do you think a "sane default install directory" should look like ?

I think I mis-clicked. It did offer a sane default install directory.

> > Sets correct environment variables for shell:     No
>
> Can somebody clarify what should we test here ? QTDIR does not sound
> like something we should check to me. Marius S-O ?

It also makes sense to append/prepend the install prefix to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH
in that shell. I don't think that's a beta blocker though.

I don't think the package feedback form is telling enough about what is
'expected' though, in general.

> > Correctly creates Desktop shortcuts:              No
>
> Can you please create a bug report ?

> > Sets correct environment variables for shell:     No
>
> Can somebody clarify what should we test here ? QTDIR does not sound
> like something we should check to me. Marius S-O ?
>
> > Comments:
> > There is no sha1 information available to verify package signatures.
>
> You mean md5sum's ?

Either md5sums or sha1sums. Or both. Any checksum would make it possible to
verify the package is genuine. I think using sha1sums is more common due to
md5 being cracked.

> > Assistant works correctly:                        No
>
> Can you create a bug report or do you mean something like
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-26677 ?

Yes, that is what I mean. I did not select to install the source component
(why would I?). There is no indication that I need to install the source
component in order to get documentation.

I think that should be fixed for the beta.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Kelly <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> | Software Engineer