[Releasing] Testing: 08/29/2012 + linux-g++ (64-bit) [success!]

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Thu Aug 30 13:51:22 CEST 2012

On 30.8.2012 14.44, "Stephen Kelly" <stephen.kelly at kdab.com> wrote:

>On Thursday, August 30, 2012 13:32:39 Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> On quinta-feira, 30 de agosto de 2012 13.29.03, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> > So, how do we make sure this doesn't happen again? Does the packaging
>> > script  attempt to run unit tests? Is that possible?
>>
>> The unit tests are run before the commit goes in. And that's why we've
>>been
>> testing.
>
>Yes. The unit tests are run *before* the installation step though. Never
>after.

Unit tests are not run for installers, as they require developer build.

As said before we have unit tests as well as automated release tests in
place for 4.8 releasing, but not 5.0 yet. That is why we need to do a lot
of manual testing. We will focus into putting this in place now also for
5.0 so that before final we have good coverage in the automated testing.

Manual testing will still be needed, but simple things are then caught by
the automation.

Yours,

	Tuukka