[Releasing] We've released the sources from 2012-08-27

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Aug 30 15:23:32 CEST 2012

On quinta-feira, 30 de agosto de 2012 13.14.46, Turunen Tuukka wrote:
> >Any source testing done in the last 2 days was wasted.
>
> Why would it be wasted?
>
> For all the problems found, please make a bug report so that we can fix
> those in the upcoming releases.

Ok, wasted was not the proper word. But it was definitely not the most efficient
use of resources.

My point is that we didn't need to spend the effort now, if we were going to
release packages from 3 days ago. Why were people testing the packages from
the 28, 29 or from today?

The may find issues that are not in the release packages, and they may fail to
find issues that are in the release packages.