[Releasing] QtDeclarative aka QtQuick1 examples & docs

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Tue Dec 11 23:05:09 CET 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 5:20 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:

> On terça-feira, 11 de dezembro de 2012 15.56.22, Ziller Eike wrote:
>>> The only gotcha is that it requires OpenGL and we're not sorry for it.
>>> We've  effectively deprecated systems without OpenGL.
>>
>> Currently and probably for still a while there is the second gotcha that it
>> requires V8. Which excludes some popular platforms that even do have OpenGL
>
> V8 is an implementation detail, one that can be solved by extending V8 to a
> specific platform or by using another engine. It's not exposed in the API.

Yes, and we're working on fixing that part. Qt Quick 1 is already now discouraged for new code. My thinking was to deprecate it around 5.2 time frame, and take things from there.

I would already like us to be able to remove it from the default set of installed packages with 5.1. The main thing to fix for that is probably the dependencies creator has on it.

Cheers,
Lars