[Releasing] Preparing 4.6.5 and 4.7.6 releases

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Thu Dec 13 09:16:22 CET 2012

Hi,

With most of the focus in getting 5.0.0 out it is good to remember that our users are still with Qt 4 and many have not yet migrated to 4.8.

We have already changed the copyrights in gitorious, but also want to create binary installers for latest 4.x releases to reflect the change from Nokia to Digia. In addition there are some important security fixes done after the last 4.6 and 4.7 version and we would like to include these as well.

The plan is to create new 4.6.5 and 4.7.6 releases that bring the following changes over the previous ones in their series.

4.6.5:
    - Disable SSL compression by default.
    - Fix binary incompatibility between openssl versions
    - Change copyrights from Nokia to Digia

4.7.6:
    - Disable SSL compression by default.
    - Make the rules for redirects a bit stricter.
    - Fix binary incompatibility between openssl versions.
    - Change copyrights from Nokia to Digia

We hope to be able to release these still in December, unless it gets too close to the holidays in which case it is safer to issue these in beginning of January.

You can check the release content from https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commits/4.6-digia and https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/commits/4.7-digia

Yours,

--

Tuukka Turunen

Director, R&D

Digia, Qt

Address: Piippukatu 11, 40100 Jyväskylä, FINLAND

Email: tuukka.turunen at digia.com

Mobile: + 358 40 7655 800

Qt Website: http://qt.digia.com

Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com

Qt Project: http://www.qt-project.org

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it. Digia Plc does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message.