[Releasing] State of Qt 5.0.0 wk 50 & Meeting minutes: release team meeting 12.12.2012

Ahumada Sergio Sergio.Ahumada at digia.com
Thu Dec 13 17:26:16 CET 2012

On 12/13/2012 05:11 PM, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:>
> also, i found that it's not even possible to push for/release, which
> makes no sense at all (unless release is not CI-checked, which would be
> beyond the pale) - that way, i'm *forced* to make a mess of the history.

Under *today*'s assumption, I blocked pushing to refs/for/release as we are supposed to only cherry pick changes into it. I don't see why it should be open for pushed under this assumption (I am not saying the assumption is right or wrong here).

So if we are supposed to push to refs/for/release *and* cherry-pick into release, then I'll amend my error removing the blocking.

Also if we now agree that we wont cherry pick but we will push to refs/for/release, then I'll amend our error removing the blocking.

The 'release' branch *is* CI tested.

Cheers,
--
Sergio Ahumada