[Releasing] 5.0.0-rc2 build issues on Linux

Mika Boström mika.bostrom at nomovok.com
Mon Dec 17 08:43:15 CET 2012

On 12/17/12 08:33, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On segunda-feira, 17 de dezembro de 2012 08.04.50, Mika Boström wrote:
>> Modules failing to build at RC2:
> You cannot build the tags. Please update to the latest Git.

Actually my tarball generation logic already goes as follows:
- checkout $ref in qt5.git
==> cascades into module checkouts
- for each module: git archive HEAD ...

Which has worked nicely enough for tip and tags. It starts to creak when
qt5.git doesn't have a tag to match the released version.

> The beta1 packages are incompatible with the qmake that comes with Qt 5.0 RC2.

That I kind of reasoned.

> $ git ls-remote git://gitorious.org/qt/qtwebkit.git
> Check that you have the right URL for the repository. It changed recently.

And that was it. PEBKAC for this bit.

Apparently I need to update the tarball generation logic thus: "absent
the tag, assume master"

 Mika Boström / mika.bostrom at nomovok.com
 Software Architect