[Releasing] What is the release plan for 4.8.5?

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Mon Dec 17 12:27:56 CET 2012

Hi Vladimir,

If you can not use 4.8.4 as it is, then it is best to say your libraries
are based on Qt 4.8.4.

It has been planned to do 4.8.5 in Jan-Feb timeframe, a bit depending on
how things go with other releases - and if there is some urgent need for
4.8.5.

What fixes do you need on top of 4.8.4? Are all the ones you need in
already? It may be hard to sync the first release if you need fixes until
very last minute before the devices ship. But in the future it would be
really great to use a released Qt version as that makes things much easier
for developers.

Yours,

--

Tuukka Turunen
Director, R&D

Address: Piippukatu 11, 40100 Jyväskylä, FINLAND
Email: tuukka.turunen at digia.com
Mobile: + 358 40 7655 800

Qt Website: http://qt.digia.com
Qt Blog: http://blog.qt.digia.com
Qt Project: http://www.qt-project.org

PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and any attachments are intended only for use by the named
addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If
you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take
any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete the message and any
attachments accompanying it. Digia Plc does not accept liability for any
corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to
this message.