[Releasing] Qt 5.0 final packages with qtchooser

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Dec 18 20:12:31 CET 2012

We'd like to release 5.0 real soon, maybe even tomorrow. I'd like to know if
you have any problems packaging it.

You can download a version of qtchooser from:
	http://macieira.org/~thiago/qtchooser-6-gc26b2d3.tar.gz

Build rules:
	make

Install rules:
	make INSTALL_ROOT=<install-root-var> install

It will install to /usr/bin automatically. You can adjust the bindir by
passing bindir=your/bin/dir to the make install rule.

You'll want to adjust your Qt 3, 4 and 5 packages to add a file to
/etc/xdg/qtchooser. Each file contains two lines: the first is the path to the
binaries and the second is the path to the libs. For example:

$ cat /etc/xdg/qtchooser/3.3.conf
/usr/lib/qt-3.3/bin
/usr/lib
$ cat /etc/xdg/qtchooser/4.conf
/usr/lib/qt4/bin
/usr/lib
$ cat /etc/xdg/qtchooser/5.conf
/usr/lib/qt5/bin
/usr/lib

If you want to install a /usr/xdg/qtchooser/default.conf and make it
alternatives-selectable, it's your choice.

Finally, when building qtbase, I recommend these arguments be included:
	-prefix /usr
	-datadir /usr/share/qt5
	-libdir $LIBDIR
	-archdatadir $LIBDIR/qt5
	-bindir $LIBDIR/qt5/bin

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358