[Releasing] Current beta installers

Joerg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at nokia.com
Mon Jul 16 13:53:59 CEST 2012

On 16/07/2012 08:26, ext jason.mcdonald at nokia.com wrote:

> Latest Digia installers are from July 14, except Mac which is from July 13.
> Latest Nokia installers are from July 12 -- it is unclear to me why
> things stopped there.
>
> Windows (Digia installer):
> - VC Redist is now present, though is not selected by default on
> machines that do not have it installed already.
> - VC Redist seemed to install correctly.

Can't we just start the vcredist installers with the /q switch to make
them shut up like other installers do? I mean why let the user a choice
to install them or not?
   I find it quite annoying if some installer is running, I'm typing
stuff in another window and suddenly there's a popup of yet another
installer in the installer. :)

A more severe issue: the docs are almost completely missing from
assistant. Only the assistant docs are there.

Jörg