[Releasing] Testing of source packages

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Mon Jul 16 20:49:21 CEST 2012

Hi,

As you all know we are working towards getting the Beta release out, but
having some trouble getting the installers finalized.

At this point I would like us to ensure that at least the source
packages are fine, and what the binaries should be based on, and would
like people to do thorough testing of the content.

Please checkout the packages that start with
     qt-everywhere-opensource-src...
at
     http://releases.qt-project.org/qt5.0/beta-snapshots/latest/
and report any findings with the form at
     http://testresults.qt-project.org/forms/release-testing/

All reports will be sent to the releasing mailing-list. It's important
to use this script, since it will ensure that all the reports are
uniformly formatted, so it's easier for everyone to parse the report.
Note that each section has a general comments field where you can put
any additional tests or issues that come up in the package.

Please go through the following sections:
     - Build checks
     - General checks
     - Both source/binary package checks

When you find an issue, please also create a corresponding Jira entry
     http://bugreports.qt-project.org
for the issue, and it would be great if you included those issue numbers
in the report.

They might not all be fixed in time for the Beta, but at least we will
have them recorded and can work on them for the next release so it gets
polished.

Thanks!

--
Marius Storm-Olsen