[Releasing] Qt 4.8.1 open source release date approaching..

Quim Gil quim.gil at nokia.com
Fri Mar 9 19:24:07 CET 2012

>> 2012/3/9 Salovaara Akseli<Akseli.Salovaara at digia.com>:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> We are currently preparing&  testing Qt 4.8.1 open source release for
>>> next
>>> week. Exact release date is still open, until all tests are passed.

Can we have a bit of marketing coordination, please?

If the 4.8.1 release happens next week then it's fne. If it jumps to the
following week then it's when the Qt 5 alpha release is planned. In that
case we should either align on the same day (mmm not sure) or leave some
days in between.

Who is working on the 4.8.1 announcement and release notes? Feel free
using the wiki or any other public way to follow the work.

Also, what about a blog post at http://blog.qt.nokia.com/ ? I believe we
should do this but I need to check. Who would write it? We usually have
a draft 24h in advance for peer review.

Let's move this discussion to the [Marketing] list.

--
Quim