[Releasing] Testing and verification of Alpha package

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 14 20:20:01 CET 2012

On quarta-feira, 14 de março de 2012 20.05.04, Carsten Munk wrote:
> Isn't it a bit of a regression to just provide one huge tarball in
> this case? It would be much more useful to provide qtbase,
> qtjsbackend, qtdeclarative seperately as tarballs so these can be
> packaged individually?

Agreed. We should provide one tarball per Git repository. There's no need for
a tarball for qt5.git.

The proper process for building should be configure-or-qmake && make && make
install on each package, in succession. Unfortunately, this requires knowing
the build order...

> In addition to that, isn't the -5.0.0 versioning a bit misleading when
> this is just an alpha?

The name "alpha" should appear in the package name. I assume this is an
oversight for now.