[Releasing] [Development] Qt 4.8.1 release during week 11/2012

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Fri Mar 16 12:39:48 CET 2012

Hi Tukka,

let's make this simple. You and Digia stepped up to make 4.8 patch level
releases. So far nobody else has, so the 'release manager' job simply
falls into your hands.

Adding some patches to the release and deciding what exactly goes out
should be at the discretion of the one doing the releases, ideally in
coordination with a team that has the same interest.

Having said that, all patches in a qt-project release should also be
inside the git repo on qt-project.org. I am ok for another exception for
4.8.1 (if required), but would really like to see that we have it all
upstream afterwards.

The release can however be a branch from 4.8, and contain additional
patches. But these should live inside a release branch on gerrit.

Cheers,
Lars