[Releasing] Qt 5 alpha 20120314: linux g++ C++11: Partial Success

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Mar 16 13:49:42 CET 2012

Modules built with no error:

qtbase
qtsvg
qtphonon
qtxmlpatterns
qtjsbackend

The next module (qtdeclarative) fails with:
src/qtdeclarative/src/qml/debugger/qqmlenginedebugservice.cpp:214:12: error:
could not convert ‘{}.QQmlEngineDebugService::valueContents(const QVariant&)
const::<lambda()>()’ from ‘QConstStringDataPtr<15>’ to ‘QVariant’

This is a C++11 error. It's fixed by wrapping the QStringLiteral with
QString(). Then qtdeclarative builds just fine.

QVariant has a QLatin1String constructor, but none for QConstStringDataPtr<N>.
Should we add it? My opinion is that wrapping with QString() is preferable.