[Releasing] QtNetwork http smoke test PASS, https smoke test FAIL

shane.kearns at accenture.com shane.kearns at accenture.com
Fri Mar 16 17:24:07 CET 2012

This is due to a new windows 7 installation only trusting a handful of certificates, and checking unknown roots on demand the first time they are encountered.
It isn't a new issue, has existed since we adopted using the system certificate store instead of our own cert bundle.
See https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-24827 for details.

We don't get the on demand checking because we're using our own http stack and openssl rather than windows http/ssl.

There is some work for us to do here, but nobody complained about it in the wild yet.
I don't think this should block the release, so I'm revising the https smoke test to PASS. (it works after loading the websites in MSIE or installing the windows XP cert bundle manually)

Subject to local law, communications with Accenture and its affiliates including telephone calls and emails (including content), may be monitored by our systems for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.