[Releasing] Qt 5 alpha 20120314: linux g++ C++11: qtconnectivity FAILURE

lars.knoll at nokia.com lars.knoll at nokia.com
Sat Mar 17 20:54:22 CET 2012

On 3/16/12 4:19 PM, "ext Thiago Macieira" <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
wrote:

>On sexta-feira, 16 de março de 2012 16.05.37, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 02:17:38PM +0100, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> > REALLY?!
>>
>> this is just a compat wrapper to help the migration from qml1 to qml2,
>> because we have a somewhat non-trivial qml1 codebase internally. it's
>> meant to be removed before the 5.0 release.
>> code which has no intention to migrate should use quick1 and will
>> compile without any hacks.
>>
>> i have no idea why that particular build failed. ask kent about details.
>
>It failed because the QtDeclarative forwarding headers were not installed.
>
>Anyway, the situation is simple for me: the forwarding layer should not
>be
>present on Qt 5.0 alpha. Either the modules are properly converted to
>QtQuick2
>or they shouldn't be part of the release.

The headers are there, because of the separation of QtQuick 1 and 2 that
happened only some weeks ago. They are required until all modules have
migrated.

But you are right, we should try to get the renaming of at least all
essentials done for the alpha, so we don't have to install these headers.

>By the way, are those modules building *both* QtQuick1 and QtQuick2
>plugins?

I think most of them have migrated to QtQuick 2.

Cheers,
Lars