[Releasing] [Development] Qt 4.8.1 release during week 11/2012

marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com
Tue Mar 20 12:04:45 CET 2012

On 3/20/12 11:56 AM, "ext Turunen Tuukka" <Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com> wrote:

>On 20.3.2012 11.11, "marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com"
><marius.storm-olsen at nokia.com> wrote:
>
>>Please don't create the tags yet though. I've heard that there are a
>>couple of things that needs to be fixed first, though I have not received
>>an email on the issues yet.
>

>If there is something critical, we can of course fix. But since 4.8.1 is
>done without a branch, we can not easily pick any single items into the
>source. We would by default need to take in all the contributions up until
>the fix, which causes all items to be re-done and tested. As there is a
>large amount of eagerly waited fixes already in 4.8.1 I would not like to
>wait a couple of more weeks with it (as would be the case if we start over
>with the testing).

The thing is, if there's issues that needs to be fixed coming from the
legal scan, we have no option, we need to fix them before we can
distribute the package.

The solution then _could_ be to apply changes to the normal 4.8 branch,
and then we can cherry-pick only those changes on top of the current SHA1
and tag that. (A tag can be a commit, alas, does _not_ have to be a SHA1
from any of the branches. So, it's fully possible.)

--
.marius