[Releasing] Qt5 beta2 installers in origin, Mon (2012-11-05_08:13_EET)

Simon Hausmann simon.hausmann at digia.com
Mon Nov 5 12:47:56 CET 2012

On Monday, November 05, 2012 12:37:01 PM Sergio Ahumada wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 12:07 PM, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> >> qtwebkit-examples-and-demos is not part of qtsdk.git at the moment.
> >>
> >> Should it be added ?
> >
> > Given that it contains examples and demos of WebKit (including two shiny
> > new QML2 show-off demos that Andras wrote), I'd say it would be a good
> > fit :)
> >

> > Simon
>
> Hi,
>
> Then please reconsider my bug report :)
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27814
>
> Until we have ICU on Windows in the CI system this will fail.

Yes we need ICU on Windows and until then the only way of building this module
in the CI system is by _not_ building it on Windows.

But there is no bug in the .pro files, they are correct.

In the qt5.git builds we essentially run

    qmake qt.pro
    make

where the generated makefile tries to build all modules that were added to
SUBDIRS. If qtwebkit cannot be built (due to for example lack of ICU), then
neither qtwebkit nor qtwekbit-examples-and-demos are added to SUBDIRS and the
top-level build still succeeds - it just won't build those modules.

In the CI build of qtwebkit-examples-and-demos we do something else:

    qmake qt.pro
    make modules-qtwebkit-examples-and-demos

We try to build the specific target to _only_ build qtwebkit-examples-and-demos
and anything it depends on. Naturally that will fail in a configuration where
WebKit cannot be built, but that is expected.

I'm not sure what the status of QTQAINFRA-565 is, but in the meantime the
easiest fix is to exclude windows from the build configs for just this module.
Is that possible?

Simon