[Releasing] State of Qt 5.0.0 wk 45

Tanilkan Sinan Sinan.Tanilkan at digia.com
Tue Nov 6 16:02:16 CET 2012

Hi,

_State of Qt 5.0.0 beta 2_
Here is an overview of the top issues that we are following for Qt 5. If you know about issues that needs to be handled for Qt 5.0.0, that is not covered here. Please let us know.

*Testing*
Initial smoke testing has been going on for about a week now, and we have been receiving regular updates from the QA team.

We hope the packages are ready for testing by a broader audience shortly.

*Packaging*
Done:
- Fixed remaining items (icu library build paths) that need patching during installation.
- Qt documentation is not registered into the Qt 5 binary packages assistant. Doc registration will be put into assistant that is embedded into Qt Creator (work ongoing).
- Qt Creator uses the same Qt 5 version as in the installers Qt 5 package.
Todo:
- Register Qt version into Qt Creator (ongoing).
- Automate Mac installer signing.

*Library renaming*
Agreement still not reached. Hope this will be agreed on during dev days.

*Qt Creator*
Creator is looking pretty good, but has a few bugs left.

Qt bugs that needs to be fixed for Qt Creator to work on Qt 5, can be found on: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=labels+%3D+Creator_Qt5

*ANGLE*
ANGLE is not included in the current installers. This will be done shortly. All other changes for ANGLE are done. Changes to ANGLE are run trough the CI system (non enforcing).

*Bug situation*
Total number of unresolved bugs affecting Qt 5:  755 (prev. report: 723)
Link to filter: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=13521

Blockers (P0): 5 (of which 3 are related to Beta 2 binary installer)
Criticals (P1): 59 (7%), prev. report: 55
Important (P2): 273 (36%), prev. 270
Not evaluated yet: 60 (%5), prev. 41

Bugs (and other tasks) for Beta 2 can be followed on QTBUG-27319 (link below).

The remaining few open bugs targeted for Beta 2 release are related to installer / packaging and
co-installation (library/tool renaming).

_Ensuring that everything is handled_
All issues that are critical for the release should be marked as required for one of these issues:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27319 - Qt 5.0 Beta 2 tasks
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27426 - Qt 5.0 Final release tasks

If here is a need for discussion on the issues, this can be done on releasing at qt-project.org or irc (#qt-releases on Freenode).

Best regards,