[Releasing] ICU linking problems in latest installer packages.

Knoll Lars Lars.Knoll at digia.com
Fri Nov 9 21:20:28 CET 2012

On Nov 9, 2012, at 7:49 PM, Zeno Albisser <zeno at webkit.org<mailto:zeno at webkit.org>> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Koehne Kai <Kai.Koehne at digia.com<mailto:Kai.Koehne at digia.com>> wrote:
Just an idea, but what happens if you delete the unversioned libicu*.so symbolic links in /lib ? Will it link to the system one then for user applications?

That seems to help. But I don't think that is a proper solution.

No it's not. For the beta2, I think we should document this in the known issues page, as it'll affect only those few people that try to compile a project that uses ICU directly. For the RC we need a proper solution though.

Cheers,
Lars