[Releasing] State of Qt 5.0.0 wk 47

Tanilkan Sinan Sinan.Tanilkan at digia.com
Thu Nov 22 16:04:35 CET 2012

Hi,

_State of Qt 5.0.0_
Here is an overview of the top issues that we are following for Qt 5. If you know about issues that needs to be handled for Qt 5.0.0, that is not covered here. Please let us know.

*Documentation and examples*
The newdocs branch was merged in the beginning of this week, so modularized documentation is now available. There is still work remaining in making the documentation ready, so a lot of people are helping with this currently.

*Packaging*
- No new packages the last two days. Seems there are changes in Qt that broke the packaging. The issue has been identified, and we hope to see a fix for this in qt5.git tonight.

- Efforts are ongoing to switch to Jom (http://qt-project.org/wiki/jom). This is expected to drastically reduce the time we spend on building packages.

- The 11.10 linux packages have been verified to work also on 12.04, so from now on there is only a need for two Linux installers (32- and 64 bit).

*WebKit library renaming*
Work is ongoing, and we will most likely see results there in the next few days.

*Bug situation*
Tasks related to Qt 5.0 final release (and release candidates) are collected to this meta-bug:

Open tasks:
Following view lists all open items in QTBUG-27426, ordered by priority:

https://bugreports.qt-project.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?requestId=13651

Current status for open items:
- 4 Blockers
- 27 Criticals
- 6 Others (Important or untriaged)

Notes:
* Some triaging still needs to be done for items on the list above
* Some of the tasks are further divided into subtasks (e.g. Documentation issues)

_Ensuring that everything is handled_
All issues that are critical for the release (both RC and final) should be marked as required for:
https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27426 - Qt 5.0 Final release tasks

If here is a need for discussion on the issues, this can be done on releasing at qt-project.org or irc (#qt-releases on Freenode).

Best regards,
Sinan S. Tanilkan