[Releasing] [Development] Preparing Qt 4.8.4 release

Turunen Tuukka Tuukka.Turunen at digia.com
Fri Oct 5 12:03:32 CEST 2012

On 5.10.2012 12.48, "Robin Burchell" <robin+qt at viroteck.net> wrote:

>On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Taipale Juhani
><Juhani.Taipale at digia.com> wrote:
>> We will freeze the content next week and create first release
>>candidates for
>> testing.
>
>Is there going to be a release branch this time, to prevent problems
>like the 4.8.3-1/4.8.3b discussion in the future?

No. We will do the release according to the defined process. It is
predictable and well known by everyone. No need to change it now.

Branches are under work, as earlier discussed. They will be taken into use
at some point, but we do not need to have these now. These are beneficial
and will help releasing faster in the future.

For now we just need to be able to proceed with releasing and get this
done as soon as possible. Both for 4.8.4 and Qt 5.0 beta 2.

Yours,

		Tuukka