[Releasing] ICU support in QtCore and QtWebKit

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Sep 12 11:19:56 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 12 de setembro de 2012 06.02.22, morten.sorvig at nokia.com
wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2012, at 1:45 PM, ext Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
>  wrote:
> How does the ICU dependency affect app deployment? If app developers
> configure with -icu-system, will they run into  he same issues as we did
> with our binary packages?

If it affects our binaries, it affects theirs too. The deployment tool will need
to include the ICU libraries (the namespaced ones) into the application's
bundle.

But I might have jumped the gun. Are the ICU libraries present in the SDKs
that you can select for building on Mac OS X? That is, if I select 10.6 as the
minimum version, is there an ICU library that is selected along with it? Or do
the Mac OS X SDKs only apply to the CoreFoundation framework and what's above
it?