[Releasing] mingw32-make.exe issue.

Ray Donnelly mingw.android at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:19:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've been working on enabling the Android port (and also Qt in general) to
be built on Windows using mingw32-make.exe via cmd.exe (or the MSYS shell)
and ran into a bug whereby the "move" command is not considered as a
builtin cmd.exe shell command, so mingw32-make.exe tries to execute it via
CreateProcess (which fails).

I've submitted a patch to the mingwbuilds project for this:
https://github.com/niXman/mingw-builds/blob/develop/patches/make/make-Windows-Add-move-to-sh_cmds_dos.patch

..and Alexey Pavlov is making new builds with this fix rolled into them.

Can I request that the 5.1 MinGW-w64 variant uses the mingw32-make.exe from
these new builds? Othewise Android cannot be built from Windows in the
release.

I've made my own build here if anyone is interested:
http://mingw-and-ndk.googlecode.com/files/mingw32-make-bin-patches.tar.xz

Best regards,

Ray Donnelly.