[Releasing] Releasing Qt Creator 2.8.1 with Qt 5.1.1?

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at digia.com
Tue Aug 13 14:44:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

We decided today on IRC to delay the roll out of Qt Creator 2.8.0 in the online installer until Qt 5.1.1 is released, mainly to get the fix for the keyboard shortcuts on Linux in. But I think we should take the opportunity, and roll out a Qt Creator 2.8.1 together with 5.1.1.

Advantages:
 - People get fixes from over 100 patches that accumulate in the 2.8 branch since 2.8.0 has been released a month ago.
 - We can test Qt Creator 2.8.1 and Qt 5.1.1 in one go.
 - We save us & the users from the hassle to deploy an extra Qt Creator 2.8.1 update soon.

Disadvantages:
 - Testing might show that 2.8.1 has issues that delay the whole roll out.

Any strong opinions on this? If nobody objects I'd like to update bamboo to build creator from 2.8 branch already this night.

Regards

Kai

--
   Kai Köhne, Senior Software Engineer - Digia, Qt
   Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Anja Wasenius