[Releasing] [Development] Qt 4.8.6 Release Plans

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Aug 14 07:44:18 CEST 2013

On quarta-feira, 14 de agosto de 2013 13:15:42, Jonathan Liu wrote:
> Are there any plans for a Qt 4.8.6 release in the near future?

There are no plans to stop releasing 4.8 so far. There are 94 changes post
4.8.5 already, so I'd guess we are releasing. I don't know for how long: we're
going to release fewer and farther between, until we eventually stop.

The change count so far has been:

Release		Changes		Time since previous (days)	Rate
4.8.1		477			90						5.3
4.8.2		177			49						3.6
4.8.3		313			125						2.5
4.8.4		253			82						3.0
4.8.5		389			197						2.0
4.8.6		94			69						1.4
total			1583		615						2.6

I think we should look at releasing 4.8.6 around the 200 change mark, whenever
other constraints permit (5.2 alpha release, Qt Dev Days work), but still this
year. At the current change rate, we'll get to 200 within 3 months.