[Releasing] Preparing Qt 5.0.2 release

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at kdab.com
Fri Feb 15 10:02:15 CET 2013

Hi Tuukka,

On Thursday 14 February 2013 19:33:17 Turunen Tuukka wrote:
<snip>
> >What is the blockage for this to happen? CPU time? Sysadmin time?
>
> It is a sum of many things. Currently one of the main reasons for
> restricting the available configurations is testing.
>
> Our release test automation on Qt 5 is not yet on par with Qt 4, thus we
> need to use a lot of expensive engineering time to validate each release
> configuration. Community testing helps, but for example for 5.0.1 it was
> unfortunately little that we got test reports from the community. Maybe the
> schedule was too hectic, maybe there were too many packages to test, or
> maybe everyone was happy with the packages. And naturally there was quite
> much focus to MinGW for 5.0.1. In addition it is naturally machine time,
> release team time, time to make all confs right etc.
>
> That said, I hope we are able to bring more configurations as binary
> packages with 5.0.2.
>
> What you can do meanwhile is try to keep these in good working shape so that
> making the installers is possible.

OK. Well everybody I have helped to resolve this by rebuilding using -opengl
desktop has reported back that it is working. I also use this build
configuration myself without issue.

This is of course a catch-22, if we don't provide such binaries people have no
option to test them other than self-building. If there's anything I can do to
help just let me know.

Cheers,

Sean
--